Wesley

Wesley

Friday, November 29, 2013

Snippets from Elder Buckwalter's Letters

The truth is, all good things come from God. All negative things come from Satan. Our minds are both divine because we are spirit children of our heavenly father. but our minds are also fallen because of the flesh and natural man within us during this probationary state. The only means by which good things happen to us, is by God's grace. Every good thing you have or can think of, is a gift to you from God... and I'm sure there are many you don't even know you have. If we are wanting or needing or required to do any thing, it is only by God that we can do it, he gave us our bodies and he gave us the gift of agency to choose how to use it. He oversees every action and occurrence and there is nothing that happens on this earth save he would allow it. He will not tempt us above that we are able. 

......

I know God has called me on a mission. Knowing that purpose helps me a lot. I often think of home and desire to do some of the things I left behind when I came here. But it's always for an instant at longest that I think of those things. Because right after I think of that, I am reminded of my purpose and why I'm here. I'm reminded that I've been called to people in Korea, and God needs and has asked me to help him bring his children back to him. I think of how important this work is, that I couldn't be doing anything better than the things the Lord has need of me to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment