Wesley

Wesley

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 6, 2013 - Hey Hey!

So, holy cow there is a lot to tell.

I'm district leader now. The Lord knows why, I don't know. But basically I have to get mail and conduct all our meetings and follow up on everybody's goals. If there are problems in our district, I either catch them or have them reported to me and then I send them to the branch president. I have a couple more meetings than I used to, yikes, but It makes me want to be a better example and work harder to be on time and to use all my time and to speak as much Korean as I can. It's more work but it's more blessings.

Tonight I'm singing in a cool caroling group for the staff of the MTC dinner party. I have a pitch-pipe and we're going to be all in matching scarfs (the 9 of us). I'm excited.

My companion and Elder Gehrig are on splits right now going to see the salt-lake temple. All internationals get to go see Salt-Lake. I'm on splits with Elder Flinders, he's on the computer next to me writing his family.

My companion got a Lego Star Wars advent Calendar from his family. Every morning we open a part of the box and build a speeder or a gungan with a spear or something. 

Um, we leave to Korea in 10 days. I feeling a lot of comfort in the language as I prepare to leave. I was working so hard, and now a lot of what I've learned is coming quickly to my head and it makes me happy. I know that the schedule is of God, and that it's time to hit the streets of Korea. If I stayed here, it wouldn't be as productive for my language and testimony as it could be if I just go to Korea. I'm sure I could still learn, but I've capped the rate at which I learn. Now I'm primed for the rate at which I will learn with the natives.

We were going to see M. Russel Ballard, but he got snowed in and couldn't speak to us, but I'm pretty sure we'll get someone Tuesday.

Ya and honestly, just love everyone. There's where I've found the most success. Being a leader and teaching every day is often a struggle. But If you do it with true sincere interest in the welfare of those you serve, it becomes easy and earns true respect. I love my friends and my teachers and every Korean I see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment